CoQ10 Extra Absorb
CoQ10 supports for the energy metabolism and provides antioxidant support.
CoQ10 is an enzyme involved in the energy metabolism in the mitochondria producing adenosine triphosphate (ATP). It is also a powerful antioxidant. While the body is producing CoQ10, it tends to produce less as we age.
CoQ10 has shown via a direct antioxidant effect to preserve endothelium-dependent (layer inside the blood vessels) vasorelaxation by improving tolerance to injuries from ischemia (lack of blood supply) (Yokoyama H, et al. 1996).
- Data on cardiomyopathy (dysfunction of the heart muscle) revealed a myocardial (heart muscle) deficiency of CoQ10, which was higher with increasing the severity of disease and was reduced with therapy (Folkers K, et al. 1985).
- In a study at the University of Texas, the researchers concluded that CoQ10 is a safe and effective adjunct treatment for a broad range of cardiovascular diseases (Langsjoen H, et al. 1994).
- CoQ10 supplementation doubles the number of CoQ10 containing LDL molecules and may, therefore, have an inhibitory effect on LDL oxidation (Aejmelaeus R, et al. 1997).
- Oxidation of low-density lipoprotein (LDL), the so called bad cholesterol, may play an important role in the pathogenesis (disease process) of atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries).
- Lovastatin used to lower cholesterol also lowers the levels of CoQ10 which would induce a new risk of cardiac disease. Supplementation of CoQ10 increased blood levels of CoQ10 and was generally accompanied by an improvement in cardiac function (Folkers K, et al. 1990).
Serving Size: 1 Softgel
Servings Per Container: 120 CoQ10 (ubiquinone) …………………………………………50 mg
Support for the energy metabolism. Provides antioxidant support.