CoQ10 supports for the energy metabolism and provides antioxidant support.
CoQ10 is an enzyme involved in the energy metabolism in the mitochondria producing adenosine triphosphate (ATP). It is also a powerful antioxidant. While the body is producing CoQ10, it tends to produce less as we age.
CoQ10 has shown via a direct antioxidant effect to preserve endothelium-dependent (layer inside the blood vessels) vasorelaxation by improving tolerance to injuries from ischemia (lack of blood supply) (Yokoyama H, et al. 1996).
- Data on cardiomyopathy (dysfunction of the heart muscle) revealed a myocardial (heart muscle) deficiency of CoQ10, which was higher with increasing the severity of disease and was reduced with therapy (Folkers K, et al. 1985).
- In a study at the University of Texas, the researchers concluded that CoQ10 is a safe and effective adjunct treatment for a broad range of cardiovascular diseases (Langsjoen H, et al. 1994).
- CoQ10 supplementation doubles the number of CoQ10 containing LDL molecules and may, therefore, have an inhibitory effect on LDL oxidation (Aejmelaeus R, et al. 1997).
- Oxidation of low-density lipoprotein (LDL), the so called bad cholesterol, may play an important role in the pathogenesis (disease process) of atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries).
- Lovastatin used to lower cholesterol also lowers the levels of CoQ10 which would induce a new risk of cardiac disease. Supplementation of CoQ10 increased blood levels of CoQ10 and was generally accompanied by an improvement in cardiac function (Folkers K, et al. 1990).
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 60 CoQ10 (ubiquinone) …………………………………………150 mg
Support for the energy metabolism. Provides antioxidant support.
We will not charge you more for a larger shipment.